Wednesday, October 14, 2009

when i was so high in life, u brought me down. fast.

haishh lama betul tak singgah. tengok kawan- kawan post baru tertarik pulak nak post benda baru gak. ok, ni post inspired by miss fana and mrs sue anna joe. it doesnt relate to anything that had happened currently or whatever, just a story i wanted to share that happened in my highschool year.

i was form 4 then, they called it honeymoon year. i dont know where the hell they came out with that coz i wasnt feeling very honeymoon-y that particular year. ibu was teaching in my school. yeah, u can imagine the pressure i got of being the teacher's daughter. but i think i was pretty tough then, i deflected any bad influences or comments they have on me. people with mouth, they just cant stop.

as i was saying, i was VERY, VERY occupied that year, i just got promoted from just librarian to ketua harian pustakawan. dan saya sangat berkuasa pada hari Rabu. yes, saya sangat suka hari Rabu, sampai la dah tua gini. i've also suggested on bringing back the Tunas Bestari Club yang dah berkubur sebab last time ibu cuti buat masters budak- budak jadi tak semangat. konon nya. it was back on! yeah, they wanted to make me the CEO, but i decline (as usual, low self-esteem) but got the 'job' on creative and sales director. (i was even the one that came out with the company's name. ok shut up.) AND AND, ibu got me hooked up with Pertandingan Inovasi Sains Peringkat Johor Bahru. (perlu la capital letters and all??) and to add up, it was only the first month of form 4, and i was only starting to like biology. (ibu didnt let me go to TiJB doing mechanical, sangat frustrated.) arwah tokyah wanted so so so badly for me to be a doctor. but i like machines!

as I WAS SAYING, again, sori la asyik keluar tajuk. i was like energizer bunny. i cant stop, if i stop i cant sleep. AJK tertinggi prefect masa tu pulak nak tarik ika jadi pengawas. siap jumpa senyap- senyap belakang barisan kat perhimpunan. siap rasuah tak payah orientasi terus jadi pengawas. i decline. (tolak rezeki betul, pengawas banyak pergi jalan- jalan). saya suka buku.

masa tu sangat semangat, i felt like i can do anything. student kesayangan semua cikgu. tak cukup dengan semua tu, jadi photographer pulak. follow pergi debate ke ape ke, bukan bertanding pun, ambil gamba orang bertanding. Lagi pulak tahun kedua terlibat dengan Puisidra Sains. (time ni la baru kenal bapok tu ape). masa tahun pertama kene paint backdrops je, tiba- tiba kena buat props pentas, time ni tarik member- member sekepala join, dah la boleh skip kelas. whats not to love? paint and hangout with friends? =) best to the max! nad, fana, aisyah, naz, azim, lut, isham, fazli, argh! miss you guys!

but what went wrong was what i did next. i entered the tryout for the netball team. the netball team consists of ONLY pretty girls with older boyfriends. pretty as in curvacious (did i spelled it right?) they got boobs and good rear view. me, on the other hand, was skinny, so skinny that a friend once told me she might be fainted if she saw me fat. i didnt got the boobs and the.. you know what i mean. and never in the history of netball team, the player took science stream. the netball team are mean girls. i sounded so childish, but its true! they are!

my classmates encouraged me in joining, i was the "shot-shooter". i was pretty good with aiming. i was able to shoot far away from the net. Physical Ed. class was where i practiced with my classmates and had fun. once i got the ball in my hands, the girls will be screaming "shoot ika, shoot!". so, i bravely asked ibu if i could join her team (ibu was the coach). i was afraid of her reactions, scared it would be like the first time i asked her, ibu said, i was not that good and that she wanted me to focus on study. fortunately, ibu said yes and told me to come to field 9 am sharp the next morning.

i got ready in class. put on my pink reebok's shoes. i waved goodbyes to my supporters(cewah!) as they were screaming good luck. i was touched. tsk! i am so going to make the team! i told myself. ibu started calling to first team to tryout. i was positioned GA, goal attack. it means i got to privilege to attack people while making goals. haha. no la, kawasan buruan besau sikit, plus boleh shoot goals. yes! suka ini position, kire macam quarterback rugby la. i was playing good, i moved gracefully against mean girls trying to bring me down. and i scored goals. but it doesnt felt right. i dont have friends cheering for me, surrounding me are mean girls who thought i got in just because i was the coach's daughter. and every goal i shot, they screamed "tak berkat! tak berkat!". i dropped out on the second half, took off my shoes, ran back to my class, crying like mad. --and pretended to be alright the minute i reached class. but my girlfriends saw the whole thing, so i continued crying.

5 comments:

pessa said...

suka duka masa sekolah boleh mendewasakan kita..

ikabash said...

oih, panjang nye, tak perasan plak. tak rase dewasa pun mcm budak2 ade la.. hahaha

fana said...

diorg mmg jahat!!

tp, kenangan tuh yg kita ingat.

tol x dear??

hehe..=)

ikabash said...

tp apesal ingt banyak yg buruk2 je? hahahah

Unknown said...

ya Allah. rindunye mase skola. nak balik semula ke skola..tp tanak blaja. nk join puisidra je. bley x?