Sunday, September 28, 2008

coursework. more coursework.


click on play to view batmobile in action! =)

in the middle of ramadhan, in the middle of september we strut and pushed ourselves to the limits. all because of this 10 percent coursework. tiring and sickening, yes. but worthwhile. =) and i would like to express my deepest appreciation to my sayang (cewah) for helping me with the boat and calming me down when panick attacked. im grateful to have you. alhamdulillah, its all done with. kurang sikit bebanan coursework thermodynamics. skang boleh fokus kat coursework subject lain plak. haihh..

me and en faisal spent one whole day making the first boat for my group. since i strained myself doing almost 70% previous report on renewable energy, bad and amer decided to let me do easy work this time. easy. yeah. making a boat. easy phezzy. not.

i thought to myself too making a boat will be a piece of cake. and i was so sure i'll be done with by noon and later on bad can attach the engine to the boat. then i stared at juice carton and went completely blank! i dont know where to start! en faisal offered his service, and i couldn be happy enough. =) in fact, there's a lot "how to make a steamboat urself" guide and template scattering in cyberspace. they are all a click away. easy. =) ayah emailed me the steam concept for my boat. easy. i gave it to bad to re-think the concept and apply to the boat. because thats his part of the work.

the 1st boat i made with en faisal was rejected by my group members. and i've worked on the 2nd boat on my own since en faisal was caught up with tests himself. the boat turned out nice. "batmobile" suited it well. lelagi bile dah spray itam. fuhh.. gile kencang!

on the day of the race, "batmobile" was moving fast. we were proud of its ability. though its not in black, as i imagined. "laa, aritu ko yang nak sangat kaler merah, ni nak itam plak.." as bad quoted. i stood in silence. yes i wanted it in red, but on the 1st boat. now "batmobile" looked like some cut-out from selangor flag.yay. not. as the race started, batmobile just wont move. i almost gave up. bad had already given up. amer was the only one still trying and not given up hope. luckily setan came to the rescue. batmobile took only 62 secs to finish the race, and got 5th place out of 16. =) while setan's group, bujang senang came out 6th place. i felt all guilty but setan said it was ok. no biggy. i guess setan is not setan at all. =) thanks!

and just last wednesday, i found out my chumey batmobile got 1st place in energy efficiency! yay! mummy's so proud. =) batmobile is environment-friendly. hehe. neways. indulge in the photos. sorry for the late update due to tests and assignments.



few of the rivals boats and pre-judgement by the lecturers.


from left: batmobile on starting line, the race track, and batmobile being weighted after the race.


from left: one of bujang senang, me and bad, the only girls in class.

random.