Tuesday, June 15, 2010

a rare encounter

last few days i was in genting for the school holidays. while waiting for ibu to pick us up at the skyways, an arab lady came and sat next to me while waiting for his husband. her husband then came to her and spoke to her, it sounded important. (macam la paham, haha)


arab lady: are you going to kuala lumpurr?

me: nope, i live around here.

arab lady: oo, sorry (speaks arabic to her husband. husband went out and looked for the bus again.)

arab lady: it's nice to live here.

me: (realized she wants to continue with the conversation.) umm, yeah. the weather is nice compared to Kuala Lumpur. where are you staying in Kuala Lumpur?

arab lady: times squarre. (semua yang ade R bunyi double)

ok. i didn't know times square got hotel.

me: how long have you been here?

arab lady: umm, 6 days.

me: on your honeymoon?

arab lady: kind of. we've been married for two months. now only have the time. my husband just finished his study.

me: ooo.

arab lady: i was told malaysian people are really friendly and nice.

me: heh. you think so?

arab lady: i guess so. (haha)

me: so, where did your husband studied?

arab lady: australia, sydney.

me: his major was?

arab lady: computer system ( i hope i heard right). i studied too but then i dropped halfway and got married. are you still schooling?

me: yep. i'm still studying in a local uni.

arab lady: what major are you in?

me: err, engineering.. mechanical.

arab lady: engineering? a girl? really? how are you doing?

me: (saw that one coming.) im doing ok. mine me asking how old are you?

arab lady: im 21.

me: really? you're younger than i am. im 23.

arab lady: really? you look 18 to me. haha.

me: haha. i'll take that as a compliment. thanks. umm, soo... was it okay when you both were far apart?

arab lady: of course it was hard. it's a whole other continent, you know.

me: yep, i know. so, how do you see each other? did he fly home often?

arab lady: you mean before the marriage? no, no! its not allowed. its forbidden to see each other like that. (dating)

husband came. she introduced us. i found out his husband is the same age as i am. their bus came, her husband grab her by the hand. firm.

arab lady : salam alaikum. i'll be seeing you.

i just managed a wave. she turned around.

arab lady: oops, sorry! i wont be seeing you!

me: haha!


i feel that the rare encounter was somewhat interesting, to discover a whole new culture. or to me; a lesson to be learned.

1 comment:

pessa said...

orang tu nampak mude la..hehe